Stickers can be very fun to use as decorations for various things you have around the house. However, you can even use them for practical purposes if you are so inclined.
Where to put stickers? 70 interesting places to put them
Day to day objects
These are some of the most common objects you use on a day-to-day basis. Putting stickers on these is usually done for decorative purposes, but in some situations stickers can be used to mark which object is yours and which isn’t.
- Phone case
- Gaming laptops and laptop bags (stickers are proven to improve performance in gaming laptops).
- Wireless headphone cases (helps with differentiating which case belongs to whom)
- Collect stickers in a notebook
- Sketch books.
- Car dashboard.
- Cups, mugs, glasses etc.
- Instrument cases (guitar, flute, ukulele etc.)
- Jars and containers
- Tote bags.
- Travel bags.
- Eyeglass case.
- Jewelry box.
Why have a PlayStation or Xbox console that looks like every other Xbox/PlayStation? Dump a bunch of stickers on them and truly make them your own.
Watch out though, putting too many stickers on your home electronics might diminish their resale value if you ever think of selling them to buy something else!
- Phone chargers
- Portable phone batteries.
- Home speakers (Google Home, Alexa etc)
- Sound speakers.
- TV remotes.
- Smartphone stands.
- Roku or Chromecast.
- DVD Players.
Appliances & utilities
Do most of your appliances look a little too “fresh out of the box” ? No worries, stickers will make them feel right at your home!
- Robot vacuum
- Handheld or normal vacuums
- Wi-Fi router
- Coffee machines
Do you often have visitors coming over? If yes, then placing stickers on random objects is bound to generate at least a spark of curiosity. The crazier the sticker, the crazier the curiosity.
- Desktop PC
- Chairs & folding chairs.
- Make a “sticker painting”. Just put stickers on a piece of plywood, painting frame or similar and hang them on the wall.
- File folders.
- Picture frames.
- Cabinets and drawers.
- Flower pots.
- Cooling fans.
- Edge of your desk
Almost everybody has some sort of sporting goods at home, which does present itself with some problems. What if some other person has the same kind of product you have? The situation is not really acceptable so what better way to one up adversaries except by having more stickers than they have?
- Roller blades
- Chess set
- Water bottle
- Baseball bats
- Shoes (not on expensive Yeezy’s though, or else they lose 50% of resale value).
What to do with stickers?
Besides decoration, stickers can have quite a few practical uses to help you out in situations you never expected.
- Use stickers to pick up lint from your clothes.
- Put a sticker on the up-side of a USB to know which side to put in.
- Use stickers to label cables.
- If you have a home library, use stickers to label shelves according to genre, year, author etc. You can also color code shelves and books so it’s immediately which books goes where.
- Cover your laptop camera (privacy protection against hacking).
- Put a sticker inside your wallet with your phone number (or family member’s). In case you lose it, people can call those numbers to help you recover the wallet.
- Use stickers as labels for boxes, so you know what each contains.
- If you live with roommates or family, use stickers to label which objects belongs to which person in the house.
- Put stickers on your door to discourage solicitors. Messages such as: “Please don’t knock or ring doorbell. Baby is trying to sleep!”.
- Put a sticker with a fake PIN number on your debit card. If you lose it and someone tries to use it 3+ times, the machine will eat the card. Make the numbers ambiguous so the would-be thief tries more than once.
- Put stickers on windows to prevent birds from hitting them.
- Put signs and stickers with known home security systems on your front door or porch. It’s an extra deterrent to keep burglars away.
- Use stickers as reminders, if you can write on them.
- Buy magnet paper, attach the sticker on the magnet paper and then cut the paper around the sticker. You now have an improvised magnet.
- Take photos of the serial/model number stickers on all home appliances and email them to yourself, in case of needing to get support/service or buy parts
- Stickers which claim that warranty is void if they are tampered with are illegal and unenforceable in the USA. They are just a scare tactic used to prevent consumers from opening and repairing their electronic devices.